Fuertefire Sustainability Policy
Fuertefire recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually seek to improve our practices as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
Michele Reed is responsible for ensuring that the sustainability policy is implemented to ensure our aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will reduce the need for unwanted packaging.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable products.
- We will reuse and recycle where possible.
- We will purchase local meat, bread and other food products.
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be considered when purchasing.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting unnecessary travel.
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- When offsite we will remove all rubbish and dispose in the right manner.
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will review this policy on a quarterly basis.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.